Friday, September 27, 2013

Fairytales or Winged Things- A Creative Romance Challenge

     Happy Friday!  Hope you have fun plans for the weekend.  I just love this time of the year. There is a bit of chill in the air and Autumn is certainly beginning to show itself.. such a pretty time of year here in New York!
   Today also begins a new challenge at A Creative Romance.  Our last challenge had over 350 entries....wow!!   The theme for our challenge which will run for two weeks is one of my favorites...

Fairytales or Winged Things

   For my card, I selected one of my favorite digital images, "Winter Fairy Halla" by one of my favorite artists, Mo Manning.  You can find him HERE at Mo's Digital Pencil along with some adorable new images, too.  I just bought a few more and I can't wait to color them up!
    "Winter Fairy Halla" is colored with copic markers (see colors below).  I mixed some deep blues and then blue greens over to get a rich deep color.  I also played with some color combinations from my Copic Pinterest Color Board HERE.  I just love Jen Dove's "Copic Color of the Day" and am grateful that so many designers post  those fabulous color combinations for the rest of us to play with!
     The design paper is Whimsy's "Winter Blues" a very pretty vintage paper pad. The edges were distressed with my distress tool and Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain distress inkpads.  I added some pearl lace and bronze metal corner from Live and Love Crafts, Tim Holtz border snowflake diecut (that I have had for over a year and never used)  which I ran through my xyron and then added glitter, and flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts. The crystals are from Stampin Up and of course, "Halla" got a little blast of "frantage" and Diamond Stickles.  Last, but certainly not least, is the sentiment from the "Simply Snow" digital image set at Create with TLCIf you haven't checked out the digital sentiments from Create with TLC, you are missing something special.. I don't think I have ever NOT been able to find a sentiment that worked with my images, whether funny or inspirational!
      Please pop over to A Creative Romance Challenge blog and take a peek at the incredible creations the Chic Crafters are hoping will inspire you. Then find your "wings" and "fairytale" images or designs, and join us!  Our sponsor for this challenge is

 Live and Love Crafts

     Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to leave some love...it just makes my day!  Have a great weekend.
copics:
Dress: B99, 97, BG09, 04, 02
Wings: BG000, 10, E00
Skin: E000, 00, 21, 11 and 04, R20 
Hair: E50, 31, 25, 29


I will be entering this card in the following challenges:

 Sparkles Forum Monthly Challenge- Fairies 
 Artistic Inspirations- Bright Colors
Bunny Zoe's Crafts- Something Blue
Crafty Cardmakers- Winged Things
Love to Scrap-Run for the Border
Crafting When We Can- Seasons (Winter)
Color Me Creative- Anything Goes
My Creative Moments- Seasons
Oldie but Goodie- Dies & Punches (Snowflake Border Die)
Mo's Digital Pencil- For the boys
Christmas Cards All Year Round- Christmas Fairies and Sparkle
The Outlawz Alcohol Marker Challenge- Anything Goes w/ a Christmas Twist
Stampin for the Weekend- Fairies


28 comments:

Teresa said...

I've got to say Ann Marie, this is absolutely gorgeous, I love this image and your Ann-Marie style, it's fabulous! xxx

Boxofcolours said...

What a beautiful card - I love the embellishments.
Hugs
Jane

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Ann Marie! I love the papers and embellishments you used! Fantastic coloring of the wonderful winter fairy!

applejack cards by sue said...

Beautiful! Your colouring is amazing...the way you've coloured the hair is wonderous.

Mojca said...

Oh what a lovely card, amazing colouring. hugs! Mojca

Tracy said...

Wow! This is just amazing Ann-Marie. Such beautiful rich coloring. I love those color of the days too. :-) Beautifully designed and executed. Hugs!

Sandy said...

This has always been one of my most favorite images. Beautiful card!
sandy

Ginger said...

Ann this card is just beautiful...every time I see one of you new creations it inspires me to create.
Love the coloring, the image and they way you embellished to bring us right to winter.
xoxo Ginger

Poppet said...

A beautiful card Ann Marie, love your colouring.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

coops said...

so stunning ann.i really love your design and the image is gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Ellie said...

This is simply stunning! Love your choice of colors and beautiful design.
Thanks so much for playing along in my word play saturday "seasons" challenge.

julieprice3 said...

Such a delightful image, love the sentiment, so sweet
Hugs julie P

AnjaCardz said...

Awesome card, it is perfect in any way! Love your colouring and choice of papers.
Thank you so much for joining us at Mo's Digital Pencil!

Hugs, Anja

Hazel said...

Gorgeous card for CCAYR 'fairy with sparkle' challenge, Hazel, CCAYR DT - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too. x

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely adorable card, thanks for joining us at SFTW Fairies/fantasy chalkenge, good luck cheers Sue N x

Dips said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card, great use of dies. Thank you so much for entering my challenge theme on an Oldie But A Goodie, and good luck!

Eulanda said...

WOW! Oh ma gosh your coloring is amazing!! Great idea with the Frantage!! Hugs!

Hazel said...

Thanks for adding for my CHNC challenge extra for September - hope to see you again soon. x

Vivienne Holden said...

You have done this image proud! I LOVE this beautiful card. xxx

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

You did a great job on this card. Thanks for playing at Love to Scrap!!

Magda said...

Fantastic coloring and use of the Frantage!
Have a nice week
Magda

Jenny said...

Oh my this is just gorgeous! Beautiful colouring <3 Jen xxx

Shirley Chillman said...

Gosh Anne Marie she looks so adorable. Love how you have made the card.

Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Kjersti said...

Stunning! I love this beautiful image, and you have colored it so beautiful!
Have a nice evening!
Hugs Kjersti:)

CraftinGranny said...

Totally gorgeous Ann Marie. I love colors, Fantage and pearls nestled among the lace. Thanks so much for stopping by and the kind comment. "Hugs"

Jo said...

Beautiful card.....love that image! Thanks for joining us at Sparkles this time & good luck!
hugs Jo x

Colleen Holmes said...

Anne, I love this card so much I went and bought the sentiment and casing it! Very pretty!

Franz♥ said...

Wow, stunning colouring and amazing card Ann Marie!


Thanks for joining your fave Mo's Creation of the year with us at Mo's Challenge Blog :)
Hugs, Franz.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...